Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Level 3 - Eva Ibbotson


This is the space for submitting reviews of Eva Ibbotson’s books (just click on ‘Comments’).

Eva Ibbotson was born in 1925 in Vienna, Austria. Her family moved to England when Hitler came to power. She became a teacher then began to write books for children in the 1970s with her book The Great Ghost Rescue. Many of her books are set in Vienna.

The Library has most of her books including Journey to the River Sea, The Star of Kazan, The Secret Countess, and Not Just a Witch.

1 comment:

Diane Frew said...

I just read a book by Eva Ibbotson called Not Just a Witch it was quite a good book but not as good as I thought it would be it was mainly about people. My correcting bad people getting turned into animals. But for Hecki who is not just a witch but a good one and she really wants to make the world a better place. So she can turn people into to animals. I wonder what I would be emm…. What do u think you might be? But one day a little unpleasant boy called Basil gets turned into a bulldog anyways you would have to read up to be sure and join Heckie and some adventure that will take you away. But strangely basil’s parets want him back (Heckie is surprised)

I wouldn’t really recommend this book they are well better books out there I could be hear all day telling you but I wont cause it would be so boring and so long it would take up half the space or all the space more like it so overall I give this book 4 out of 10 because it is not really exciting and really fun like most normal books and it doesn’t really grab my attention but it might grab yours.

By Diane Frew